Friday, October 1, 2010

One Week!

Auld Lang Syne is playing in my head, the balloons and confetti are dropping from the ceiling in my mind...all that's missing is the bubbly for toasting...

This morning I was giving Tall One a hard time about his grocery demands, he sarcastically retorted with a very witty comeback, "I'll be glad when you start drinking again." Way to support me you obnoxious so-&-so! Actually, the week has gone well.

Eventually, I imagine thinking about my former nightly glasses of wine, the way I think about my former evening vat of ice cream...oh, how it wish it could be, but it's really not a good idea!

I slept in a little late today. I didn't get up until 6:45a.m. - I had to go over to Wheeler at 2a.m., I wasn't there long, that's not an excuse, I'm just saying! So the goal of getting up at six isn't observed obsessively, but I'm definitely on the plus side!

I haven't gone to the gym at all, but I did start my yoga regime,
had a session of kickboxing and used the Nordic track ...so it's been a good week for exercise. And, since I've amended, in my head, my original goal of "Go to the gym once a week" to "Yoga tape"...I feel as if I've made it.

I ran last Saturday, and have a strategy for this Saturday, even though I'm babysitting the Grands for the weekend. I'll run during their nap time, instead of in the morning. That's the plan...it should work...I'll let you know.

Oh, I went to the pub Wednesday night with Tall One and had a soda. It wasn't difficult for me, just a little embarrassing to sit at the bar and NOT drink. But, I, seriously, have no pride left (it's a long story)...so, I'll probably just continue to take up space.

One last thought, I talked to Master's last evening about our upcoming trip to North Carolina, and we're thinking of visiting some wineries and wine stores...it's also the weekend of Tall One's and my 33rd anniversary. I was thinking out loud to Daughter, about the bummer of that timing, and she said I shouldn't be ridiculous - of COURSE I had to have some wine that weekend! So I will!

Time to go...If I don't get to post over the weekend, it's not because I'm drooling through an alcohol induced stupor...it's because I'm moderating an intense Nintendo Wii gaming session, holding a princess, or taking a nap!

No comments: