Monday, September 27, 2010

Day Three (reporting on two, too)

Still not drinking. It's not as dramatic as it sounds. I'm not having to follow a 12 step program, or take it one day at a time. Tall One made a lovely pasta dinner last night, and I was fine, really fine, with my water. I actually like water, better than anything other than wine! So, day two, down, on to today!

I was planning to get up and go to the gym with Tall One this morning. He has a rigid schedule that must be accommodated. Other than that, he was very encouraging. However, when it was time to get rolling, promptly at 5:45a.m., I was not feeling the like! I needed to wake up, re-group, and head out later.

Back-story: A couple of weeks ago, I set up the old T.V. and VCR in the game/second guest room/PhD's old digs. While arranging the videos, I found a yoga tape that I had borrowed YEARS ago. I loved my yoga classes, also years ago, and occasionally practice the sun salutation and a couple of poses. I've wanted to get into some sort of yoga routine....for years.

Well, even after coffee and a couple of oranges, I wasn't anymore in like with the gym idea. It's funny (funny, strange - not, funny, haha) because I used to live at the gym...I LOVED to lift. I didn't mind the pain. Coveting the option of standing to pee was the bench mark of a good workout (ladies, do fifty squats, followed by fifty lunges...and by tomorrow you'll know what I'm talkin' 'bout!). Now, just the thought of purposely making my muscles stiff, makes me a little sick. My joints aren't happy campers these days either, and that probably has something to do with it as well.

So, I decided to procrastinate on the gym and check out my yoga video. I'm very glad I did. I was breathing, stretching, sweating...and having a nice time of it. The room is conducive to yoga exercise, the tape is instructive, the routine enough of a challenge without being a discouragement. I feel like I've done something, but just enough of something! So I'm psyched...well, as psyched as one can get about yoga...it's more of a calm acceptance.

I'm going to add a scented candle...

No comments: