Sunday, July 11, 2010

Yup, I'm a "Gamer".

Oh-my-freakin'-gods! I have stumbled across THE most hilarious blog I have read to date! 27b/6...who is this David Thorne (http://www.27bslash6.com/index.html)?? You, whoever you are, need to check this out....
So for the past couple of days I have been reading 27b/6 posts, and laughing till I cry. It's cathartic!

I've been encouraged by David's in-your-face, off-the-wall, irreverence. Perhaps there is hope to make something of my nasty attitude and squandered talent. Pick a topic....I'll make something up!

Life is serious....it truly is. There are awful, painful issues to be dealt with - illness, death, separation, embarrassment, ruin, emotional turmoil. But, there is no reason, whatsoever, that we can't ignore these for a few minutes/hours/days....while we surf the internet! There is support and understanding to be found in Google search! But, I'm thinking we can just chuck it all and create our own reality, mess with each other, and have a good laugh.

Since signing on to Facebook, I've found two games that I've enjoyed. SuperPokePets.com and Farmtown.com. I can't play both at the same time...or I wouldn't be able to shower....or sleep....or save my marriage. So, first I got VERY involved in SPP.

I created personalities for my pets. I dressed them and they developed lives....all by themselves! I swear! Ralphie is a dragon, an Irish dragon. He's hard drinking with a heart of gold. He has a girlfriend. Another SPP pet named RuRu. She's a Panda. And, a bigot. She hates Chickens!

Ruprect is my gay, cross-dressing frog. I did not start out to have a gay, cross-dressing frog...but I've accepted Ruprect. His sycophantic friends, the bunny boys, go everywhere with him. In my SPP world, bunnies are devious and often evil.

Then there's dear Chicken. He's a chicken. Chicken was a gift to me from Daughter. She mocks me mercilessly for my "addiction", so what does she do? Gift me one. Chicken started out "slow" - a characteristic of his mental prowess - but, he's not "slow", he's actually very talented, and smart. He has evolved to "sweet" and innocently naive. Chicken also has a girlfriend, named Noodle. Noodle is a cat. Chicken doesn't believe in "Sylvester and Tweety". He's THAT sweet.

And, then there is Sophie, a cat, another gift from Daughter - she is an enabler. Sophie is the youngest pet, not just chronologically, but emotionally. Sophie is "bad", with an attitude. She has spawned the T.O.T.s club. I forget what T.O.T.s actually stands for (cause, again I didn't make it up - it just happened)....but, they are trouble!

This has evolved completely independent of ME! There are other people on the gaming site that are worthwhile, creative, intelligent, caring, sophisticated, kind, and,,,,well,,,,nice. Soooo.....

I've been gone for while, just a couple of months, taking a break....playing Farmtown. But, I'm ready for a break from farming....and plan on seeing the "kids" again. Probably tonight, probably right now.....

No comments: